| 0 comments ]

    I admit it- I'm not the most organized person in the world.  If I don't write something down, I will forget it.  My mind is a scattered place.  But I am a prepared person.

    Why? Because I know my faults.  And as I am starting this new job/ministry/journey/experience/life/privilege I am noticing even more my need to preparation.  

    Preparation should be a big part of your journey as well.  Whether you are a worship leader, pastor, small group leader, musician, sound guy, door holder, attender.  Preparedness plays a pretty big role in all aspects.

    I know some speakers that don't 'plan' their sermons- they just get up and let the Holy Spirit do its thing.  That's cool.  They might even say they didn't prepare anything- but they did prepare.  They prepared by spending time in Scripture, getting to know God more intimately so that when they spoke, His words came flowing out like second nature.

    As I said- it is important for everyone to be prepared when they enter the church.  Part of this is a mindset of expecting God to work.  David, my new pastor at Tidal Creek, told a story Sunday about a church that held a big prayer meeting for rain during a drought, but only one little girl expected God to work and brought an umbrella.

    Another part of this is getting to know God privately.  If you want to see your spiritual life soar- stop starving it by only feeding it once a week.  You don't have to jump straight to spending 4 hours a day in prayer and reading, try starting at 15 minutes a day.  Try reading a Psalm a day, and spending a few minutes in prayer with God.  Pray honestly, God knows your heart already- but He wants you to be honest with Him, and yourself.  No need to hide behind big, empty words.

    If we all prepare for worship on Sunday when we gather with fellow believers, we will see God do some amazing things.  I challenge you to prepare. To seek to see God move in an amazing and powerful way.

    0 comments

    Post a Comment