| 0 comments ]

    Today is Capstone Church's Birthday Celebration.  It is a big day, and I am so excited to be able to be apart of it.  One of our sponsor church, Rocky Creek Baptist Church (the church I grew up in and my father works for as mission's pastor) will be joining us for a special time tonight of worship and a birthday party.

    Two years.  Although I was not involved with capstone during this time, I have watched it from the outside through many of its steps.  I remember wanting to be apart of it, although at the time I was interning at Rocky Creek as Youth Worship Intern, and then moved on to First Baptist Church East Flat Rock as the youth pastor.  But the whole time, I was blown away by the vision, the impact, and the drive behind Capstone Church in Fountain Inn, SC.

    In April of this past year, Walt and John invited me to intern with Capstone and be apart of this thing that I had been watching.  The thing I had been praying for for a year and a half.

    I remember my dad's excitement, watching one of his youth take such a bold step as to plant a church.  A step that is much  like Indiana Jone's leap of faith.  

    But the key in all of this working was never having the proper wording, graphics, or even having good intentions.  The key in all of this was God.    God was at the beginning of Capstone's mission, He is in the midst of Capstone's mission, and He will be there at the end of Capstone's mission.

    So Happy Birthday Capstone!  I'm honored to be part of this family.  And I hope all of you who read this will join us tonight for a night of worship followed by a birthday party!

    0 comments

    Post a Comment