| 0 comments ]

    obviously. but what i am beginning to realize is that i am no longer a college student any longer. Which means that i can no longer spontaneously go out and socialize without a care in the world. I wish i was still at that point in my life, and I have tried to fight it, but I am an adult now...


    Apparently adulthood arrives at your doorstep with a calendar already 1/2 filled of busy dates and appointments. This was obvious when the other two interns/volunteers at Capstone and I were going to work on a video today, and I went up when I got the call. When I arrived at the building, I found that a meeting was taking place and we could not record then. I had left my fiancee and the dinner she had cooked for her family (not just me- I know not to do that!). I realized that I could have had even just 30 more valuable minutes with her. I am an adult.

    What this means, if you have not gone through this or are currently, is that while, yes, you can still hang out with friends and have fun- you have to basically say goodbye to the "pick up the call from your friend and meet them at the movies 5 minutes later" moments. Those moments are few and far between. I like at least 5 hours notice, depending on what's going on with me and Dorothy.

    The reason for this is as follows: my schedule defaults any free time to Dorothy. it is a setting I chose by putting a ring on her finger and asking her to marry me. It isn't a bad thing. And sometimes I can change the plans and hang out with other people, but I no longer like wasting time when I could be with Dorothy (by wasting time I mean sitting in a hot building waiting for a meeting to end...)

    to those of you who experienced this a long time ago- I understand now. Thank you for being understanding with me as I tried hard to comprehend why someone would pass on hanging out with me to hang out with their wife/fiancee/girlfriend. especially to my friend charlie.

    this is an exciting journey i am going through right now, but man is it confusing!

    0 comments

    Post a Comment