| 0 comments ]


    In the movie, "The Big Lebowski" the main tag line is "the dude abides". (if you haven't seen the movie, the dude is what Lebowski calls himself, he is a passivist, and just wants "to abide."That got me thinking- am I abiding like "the dude"? Could people call me "the dude" I would like th think that, and if u want to I wouldn't mind.

    Abide is defined by dictionary.com as this: to endure, sustain, or withstand without yielding or submitting.Basically- am I accepting what life is offering me, living with the hand i've been dealt, or do I feel as though I am owed more or less. In the christian standpoint i feel that we should abide, no more, no less. we hear the phrase, to abide in christ- what does that mean? are we to just accept without yielding or submitting? without pausing or saying yes? or is there more? I don't want you to answer this in replies, because its something each person must answer themselves, in a way. Abiding for each person is someting different, because each life is different.

    0 comments

    Post a Comment