| 0 comments ]

    God has been teaching us a lesson on faith lately. On trusting Him before thinking about what kind of plan b we have.

    The biggest one lately was delivered to us on September 4th.  Our lease is up, and our landlord told us she could no longer afford to rent out our house, and that she would really like it if we could move out by November 4th.  It wasn't anything personal, and we have no hard feelings about it- but we are moving by November 4th.

    Where to, you ask?  That's a great question.  Normally that is the first question.  For us, right now, it is the last question.  I truly believe that God is doing this to tell us: "hey- I have something for you."

    Now- we do have a couple possibilities that God has begun to lay out- but that is all in His timing. And we have decided that we are willing to follow His guide, no matter where it leads.  If we are called out of this area- it will be incredibly hard to say goodbye to the friends we have made here, but our eyes are on His guiding hand.

    What I wanted to talk about was faith, not moving.
    When I got the call from the landlord- I will admit, I freaked out. But I slowly began to realize (and I have to remind myself of this every night before I go to sleep)- that God knew about all of this before He created the world.  He has had a plan from the very beginning.  How dare I freak out and demand an answer to a question I just walked into.  That's like enrolling in a Trigonometry classon the last day and complaining to the teacher when I don't understand. (Also- I'm bad at math)

    God has a plan.  He has a plan for where we will be living come November 5th. He has a plan for you too.  Over the past six months I have learned that God knows way more than I do about my circumstances.  Things that happened that I thought were horrific things turned out to be some pretty great opportunities.

    Whatever you are going through- know that God has a plan.  Not one that He came up with last night, but one that He meticulously planned out an eternity ago.  One that brings glory to His name.  Romans 8:28 guarantees that.

    0 comments

    Post a Comment