| 0 comments ]

    So I graduated today. From college. With a Bachelors of the Arts degree in Christian Ministry. I have been asked many times if I am going back to school, and before today, if I answered anything other than "probably", I got a look that could kill Sasquatch. But today, for some reason, every time I said "There is no way I am going to get my Masters, I am officially done with school", people gave me no bad looks about it, and accepted it, as if me getting through this was all the answer I needed to give.


    But yeah, I'm not going to grad school. Probably ever. The reason I say probably is that God loves to have a sense of humor and wait for you to say "I will NEVER do....." and then boom, He tells you to do it.

    But don't worry, I'm not stopping my learning. But I don't learn the way the education system teaches. I am very hyper active, and these last four years were incredibly tough. I need to physically do something to learn.

    A lot of people have called me lazy or dumb for struggling so much in college. And I did. I was .1 percentage point away from failing and not graduating. But I am not lazy nor dumb. I taught myself how to play guitar in two months, within a year was writing 2 songs a week, within 2 years learned how to get my songs on the radio. I have since taught myself instruments yearly, and learned countless trade skills. But history, timelines, and formulas- I can't learn those for some reason.

    But I want to thank all those who have supported me these last four years. There has been more than one time I went one step farther than thinking about dropping out. But I stuck with it, and I walked away with a Bachelors of the Arts degree! So thank you. You all know who you are, and this diploma is just as much yours as it is mine.

    0 comments

    Post a Comment