| 0 comments ]


    Ok, so this tag "The Journey" is going to be the place where I just talk about what all is happening in my life, so that you can follow along and experience things with me. Hope you enjoy the ride. I will be honest in these posts, releasing my thoughts and emotions on events, whether good or bad.

    Journeys always begin with change. Why? because its a journey, not a "stay where you are." This journey, like all, began with a change. I left my role as youth pastor at FBCEFR this past Sunday (4/4/10), in order to take an internship at Capstone Church in Fountain Inn. I will be serving under some great people, learning the ins and outs of worship leading.

    While this is something I have wanted for a while, I was obviously sad to leave the youth that I had spent the past year with. I have developed amazing relationships with them that I know will last forever, but its always hard to say goodbye. Also- I suck at goodbyes. Goodbyes are awkward- cuz part of you wants to say that "one thing" that makes people go "Wow! What a great goodbye!" and part of you wants to ignore everything because its just too hard.

    Sunday, all I could think was, "Is this really God's will for me, or did I just ruin a ministry that God was blessing?" But God continually reminds me that I am to begin this journey, this new path. So I have started walking. I don't know every stop that I'm making, I barely know the next stop, but I do know that God will provide me with what I need for the trek.

    I have wanted to be a worship leader since my sophomore year of college (2years ago), and while I was able to work at Rocky Creek Baptist as the youth worship intern for a year, not many opportunities came around. But I have to say, God has really opened up doors in the past two weeks.

    Another big thing on this journey I know call life is marriage. And all of its sidekicks (you know, housing, jobs, furniture). Luckily Dor has found a hospital looking for some RN's around here, and I do have to say she is one of the smartest people I have ever met, and one of the most dedicated!
    I on the other hand, am still having trouble finding a paying job. Hopefully I can find some funds for the internship, but I need to find some way to help pay the bills.

    And that is where I am right now: a college student who is hopefully graduating, spending all of his days at his computer working on his senior paper, getting married in 4 months, and starting a new exciting job. I dreadfully miss my students, and don't think I will ever get over the impact they have had on me.

    Stay tuned for more!

    0 comments

    Post a Comment